Sunday, October 28, 2007

on goodbyes

I can count the days 'til you come back, Or I can follow them sunrays down to the traintracks, I can stumble drunk over hope and love, Or I could just keep drinking until I sober up.- Atmosphere (Pour Me Another)
___________________________________________


One day you'll miss me,

he says glancing over at me. I look up briefly, and turn away as I respond,

I'll let you know when that happens.

I trip as I walk away, knocking into the blender and almost knocking it over.

He laughs, and I try to maintain my dignity as I pull a few more beer mugs and shot glasses out of the dishwasher and put them in the cooler.

I can't handle this inclosed space with him,

and I can't walk away.

I hear the sound of a ticket printing, and walk the length of the bar to find out what I'm making next. He leans close in to me as I pour the tequila, his breath warm on my neck as he whispers in my ear,

I think I like you better drunk.

I think I like me better, too.

I retort and walk away.

I was never good at goodbyes,

why start now?

1 Comments:

Blogger `Koa said...

Oh my dear, what have we gotten ourselves in to this time?

I've got a story of mine own making, but it will take time and the right place. ... what sort of messenger service do you use these days?

I hope things go alright; how often do you work with the boy?

November 09, 2007 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home