Friday, August 17, 2007

on a beautiful sky on a beautiful day

It's a beautiful sky on a beautiful day, but only you can stretch a smile across my face.-Sherwood (The Best in Me)
_______________________________________________________

Her name was Laura,

he says, and a smile stretches across his face, as his eyes gain an almost wistful look and I wish somewhere out there there was a boy who was saying the same thing about me.

I was so sure she was my end all. It didn't matter how she looked, she could show up at school completely disheveled, and she was still my dream- I haven't thought about her in years.

A shake of the head, as if trying to push the memory of her away, that has come back in such a full force he feels like a lost fifteen year old boy again.

I never thought I'd feel that way about someone again- but then I met her.

He sits down across from me, and the only word I can possibly use to describe him is: smitten.

It's sweet,

I offer.

It's terrifying,

He looks miserable.

But exhilerating. To know you so completely feel for someone,

I argue.

I sigh-

I wish- I WISH- I could say I felt that way too,

but I don't.

1 Comments:

Blogger `Koa said...

dum dum dum.

The new lover has arrived. What will happen this time?! I wait with bated breath.

How are you, sister? I miss you... >_> I wish you were here in California with me; I think that would make things feel so much ... more natural.

August 31, 2007 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home