Friday, August 31, 2007

on bad news

There's blood in my mouth 'cause I've been biting my tongue all week, I keep on talkin' trash but I never say anything. And the talkin' leads to touchin' and the touchin' leads to sex and then there is no mystery left. And it's bad news, Baby I'm bad news.- Rilo Kiley (Portions for Foxes)

___________________________________________________



Everything he says tells me he's perfect for you-

But I'm on the one sitting next to him at the bar,

and I don't know where you are- or if you're even in the picture,

or if I even care.

I want to be a sound engineer,

he tells me as we take a shot of tequila.

You told me just last week you were going to school for sound. I down the tequila, sucking the lime as I try my hardest not to think about it.

Sometimes you want something so bad,

that you tend to overlook everything else,

good and bad

because its just easier than knowing the reality is,

you're wrong.

So very, very, wrong.

1 Comments:

Blogger `Koa said...

I do that a lot. In fact, I've been told I don't ever see the bad in people until it hits me in the face three times.

Yeah, too bad we aren't 17, huh...? When I read that, I thought two things: 1) "if I could go back, I would, and if I was allowed to know what I know now, I would sure as hell do it and cherish it more", and 2) "stop dwelling on it". We are more now than we were, and why the hell aren't we acting like it! We did grow up... I guess it's time for me to accept that, then, huh?

Sometimes things are "bad news" for a reason. Maybe now is not the time you need... People keep saying "it'll happen when you least expect it", but I keep expecting, because it's been so long in wanting.

It can get better, or it can get worse, my dear, But there's comfort in knowing that no matter what, "getting better" is always an option. My heart is with you.

September 02, 2007 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home