Monday, February 25, 2008

on faith

Don't lose your faith in me, And I will try not to lose faith in you. Don't put your trust in walls 'Cause walls will only crush you when they fall.- Ray Lamontagne (Be Here Now)
_______________________________________________________________


You don't ever look me in the eye for long,

he says this and I glance up at him before turning away again. He is right- but I hate to admit it.

That's not true,

I make a lame attempt to argue as I twist away, leaning towards the far side of the chair so that we are not so close.

It's better this way.

As we talk, I try to search out his flaws- pull them out and store them away, a reminder that at the same time I might show my own mistakes-

perhaps then when we talk to each other we will actually see each other for who we really are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home