Wednesday, January 23, 2008

on holding on

I'm unusually hard to hold on to.- Sara Bareilles (Love Song)
______________________________________________________

I'm a flurry of motion and words that make no sense to anyone but me-

Je ne comprende pas!

I smile and my eyes dance as I curl up even more on the edge of the dingy couch in the back room of a house I've never been in before tonight. There is something comfortable still,

though.

The boys around me laugh and try to guess what i'm saying, but I simply refuse, replying:

je ne sais pas.

I will not break.

Someone sits down next to me, I don't remember who. Or if I knew who- His accent is much better than mine,

as he asks me how I am.

Comme ci, comme ca.

I shrug, he smiles.

He begins talking to me, and I couldn't tell you if I remember much of what he was saying, if I was even listening, until he says-

you have a pretty face.

I break-

really?

He smiles and nods, and I forget who says those words as soon as I hear them, as I am pulled away to engage in yet another conversation with another person.

I need something -someone- to hold me still.

1 Comments:

Blogger `Koa said...

My dear, I think you have no farther to look than yourself for one who is stronger than I.

It seems like you've been through quite a bit lately; I'm sorry for my extended absence, but I'll try to be more consistent with my "meetings" online with you.

Your dream, for one, sounds troubling... if it was a real dream you had, then I suggest doing something outside, by yourself, or with a couple of wonderful friends -- something you have control over (but not obviously so); in this manner, you will lose the feeling of not being in control of the events in your life. Get some sunshine, laughter, relaxation, and get away from stupid boys an their stupid drama.

love always,
daniel kekoa

January 24, 2008 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home