Tuesday, April 01, 2008

on ghosts

I was afraid- Afraid of the emptiness. Afraid of the silence. Afraid of my ghosts. Now they're here. We can share laughter, Talk about old times, It's not so bad.- Bishop Allen (Ghosts are Good Company)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

When she mentioned your name,

the awkward boy on the couch across from me motions between me and our mutual friend,

I told her to call me when you got together. God, I still remember when-

I tune out as he tells a story about my junior year biology class.

Jesus. That's six years ago. Six years? Six years and this kid across from me turns 18 on Monday.

When did I get so old?

When did I become that person people used to remember from high school?

I need out of this town, fast.

1 Comments:

Blogger `Koa said...

Sweetie,
Sorry I haven't been around lately. I'm working on getting that solved. At any rate, I know how you feel on the whole age thing. I've wondered that for some time; it alway shocks me to think that it's been so long since we were in High School, even... And to think, just how long ago was it that you and I met? Was it going on 8 years now? Surely not... Surely... was it?

All I can say for sure is, I'm glad I met you back then, and I'm glad we've been such good friends throughout all this time -- even when we lose touch now and then. *heart*

May 14, 2008 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home