Saturday, June 20, 2009

on this place

This town is crazy, but nobody cares- Beck (Lost Cause)
__________________________________________________


This place I'm in-

It's full of friendly faces, stormy summer days (and nights), home cooked meals, a cat to cuddle when the tears come, a couch to curl up on when the bed just won't do.

Only all I can think about is where I used to be last year-

A place full of nightmares, too hot days, too cold nights, lies, and a house that never felt like home.

And where I might go in the next year-

more school? teaching? teaching college... teaching high school? Texas? Kansas? New York? California? Anywhere, basically.

because I'm about to hit that point where I have to walk away again,

and I feel like it might be harder to leave this next time,

then it was before.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doc said...

I love you, natpen.

June 23, 2009 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home