Saturday, June 28, 2008

on some things that never go away.

When I chose to live, there was no joy it's a line I crossed- it wasn't worth the pain my death would cost, so I was not lost or found.- Dar Williams (After All)
__________________________________________________

It weighs on my mind lately-

how it all used to be.

How things used to make sense, how I used to feel like I meant something to someone and somewhere along the way it all just go lost, didn't it?

I remember you a lot lately.

Is it because it's almost that time of year? Or is just because you're near me now when I need you, just like you always seemed to be back then.

I remember how innocent we were: holding hands on a tattered couch while we talked about our plans for life- you wanted to skate, I wanted school. Different plans- but we never cared.

I remember how strong you could be when it came to the things that mattered: it's like you just got that no matter what all the stupid bullshit was going on in my life, it was just stupid bullshit that would pass.

So why wasn't I there to remind you of the same thing?

I lost you though- let you slip away from and what I understood about life and who I was and what I am (and are not) and when we met again, it wasn't awkward, wasn't different-

it was the same comfortable and oddly you, I'm only sorry that we didn't have more encounters like that over the next few years.

I want to find the most outrageous and beautiful flowers I can and take them to your grave, leave them there, and cry my eyes out for a little while as I think about what a waste life can be sometimes-

has it really been two years?

1 Comments:

Blogger `Koa said...

huh.

I have an entry like this.

It's strange, I think, how when we think enough time has passed, we should be over these sort of things... but we aren't, and we might never be, but we try...

For me, it's been five years, and even now I still find myself falling back into the same old feelings. Then again, I was never too good at leaving the past where it was, was I?

August 13, 2008 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home