Sunday, August 10, 2008

on something more.

"It's late in the evening, we should be sleeping right about now. I can hear you breathing, I wonder what you're thinking, right about now. You're eyes are fixed on me, you say I look lonely right about now. I said that lonely is an island I stayed a couple nights on, but never with you."- The Sound and the Fury (Valentines Present)
__________________________________________________

Can I tell you something dumb?

He leans in closer after he orders another round of shots at the bar. I smile lightly and nod, as he continues-

I thought we were going to go home together last night.

His boldness surprises me almost as much as the words do as I try to wrap my head around it, knowing it's not the way this should all be headed but giddy none the less.

I didn't know that's what you wanted,

I lament, as I clink my shot glass to his and down it in a single gulp.

He looks at me as he wraps his arm around my waist, lightly kissing me on the forehead.

I sigh not from the gesture, but because I know how lonely it will feel the next day when it's all over again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

I think you're the only other person in the world who knows that song.

April 25, 2011 1:16 PM  
Blogger natpen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 25, 2011 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home