Monday, June 29, 2009

on words

Words fall through me, and always fool me.- Glen Hansard (Falling Slowly)
______________________________________________________


I'm the first to admit words don't mean all that much,

and a lot all at once.

I choose so carefully-

We have to go.

I pull him along, not wanting to think what it would mean to give in, not wanting to give in, but wanting to at the same time because it would be nice to feel wanted from time to time-

but not tonight.

Wait-

It was always me who said "wait" before, when did the tables turn? The first time we kissed you said-

You gave it away. Your kiss says it all, now I know that you want me.

In reality, I just wanted to forget for a little while,

because you know, actions can deceive just as quickly and subtly as words,

and silently, I grab your hand and pull you along.

Figure it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home