Wednesday, July 08, 2009

on knowing

Tell me something I don't know, instead of everything I do- and look at me is if I mean something to you.- Mary Chapin Carpenter (The Hard Way)
_______________________________________________________


I know you-

I know how you think, I know why you do what you do, I know that you're capable of a lot more than you let on, and I know that you didn't mean to hurt me-

But I also know you did, and no amount of drunken apologies, no amount of gazing into my eyes, and no amount of morning afters will ever make up for that.

I thought you were all I ever needed,

but now I know that I need a lot more than you could ever give me.

Now I know that I want someone who I don't have to make excuses for, I want someone I don't have to feel ashamed to be around, I want someone who wants me, and only me, and isn't going to make me cry more often then he makes me smile.

I want more,

and this is fun, this is easy- this is us.

But I'm just so done.

Goodbye.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doc said...

aaaaatta girl :)

July 08, 2009 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home